Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Salted Toffee Biscotti

Biscotti is one of my many weaknesses. If you're a coffee drinker, and have never experienced to magic of eating something like biscotti with your coffee, you're truly missing out of one of the miracles of life. Trust me. Do this: Drink your black coffee, think of the taste for a minute.
Now eat a bite of biscotti (or a cadbury egg....I love those) now take a sip of coffee.
It changes everything.

Now that you all think I'm off my rocker, you've got to try this salted toffee biscotti!


I got the idea from my mother, who purchased a big tub of salted caramel biscottii from Costco the other day. I'd never had a salted biscotti before, but it was life changing.

I used the basic biscotti recipe:

2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2tsp almond
4 tbs melted butter
And instead of adding nuts, added in 3/4 cup english toffee pieces.


Mix it all up (dry ingredients in 1 bow, wet in another, then mix it together)
Split the dough in half.
Roll each half into a log about 1 inch thick, 2 inches wide, and 12ish inches long.

Bake at 350 degrees for around 25 minutes (watch it closely!)
It should be relatively firm when you remove it, a very light brown.

Let it cool about 15 min.

Slice your logs about 1/2 inch thick. Put it back in for 15 min (lay it on the side you just cut, not the bottom how it was before)
Flip the little biscotties, and do another 15.
(if you like a softer biscotti, just skip this step)

Now is the fun part! Once it is cooled, place them on waxed paper, melt up some chocolate chips, and drizzle it over your biscotti. While it is still melted, take some salt (large salt works best) and sprinkle it lightly over the biscotti. It will stick where the chocolate is!

Now brew up a cup of coffee, and enjoy!

In addition- I posted a marble biscotti recipe earlier, if you want to try something else!

6 comments:

chelsea

Ohhhhh man! I need these in my life yesterday! Thanks for my next addiction!

Emily

YUM! I need these right now!

Renee

Oooh, I love biscotti! Thanks for the recipe :)

Tirabaralla

Coming from the place that gave biscotti to the world (although the name is a bit off...), I have to say these sound very yummy :)
To try!

Linda

I love biscotti and this looks good! will have to try it.

Michelles Tasty Creations

Hi,

I followed you over from Wow Me Wednesday and I can't wait to try this recipe. I love Biscotti and am always looking for more recipes.

I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

Have a great day,
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...